LA Noire signs for Rockstar
Brandan McNamara may be most famous for crafting The Getaway when employed by Sony UK, but the designer has long since upped-sticks and now plies his trade at the studio he found: Team Bondi, Australia. Rockstar have been courting the new studio, it turns out, and have signed a deal to publish Team Bondi's debut title... LA Noire.
Whilst Rockstar weren't to be drawn on many specifics, we do know the game was previously being crafted for the PlayStation 3 console - so it could be that the game will now be heading to other platforms additionally. A classic Film Noir-inspired plot set in the 1940s and starring a detective is the order of the day we're told.
Apparently, an engrossing plot will be blended with action and puzzling, featuring open-ended challenges as the player takes on some of LA's most brutal criminals. "Brendan and I have known each other for a long time, and to finally have the opportunity to work together on a game is exciting," revealed Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. More soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light