LA Noire signs for Rockstar
Brandan McNamara may be most famous for crafting The Getaway when employed by Sony UK, but the designer has long since upped-sticks and now plies his trade at the studio he found: Team Bondi, Australia. Rockstar have been courting the new studio, it turns out, and have signed a deal to publish Team Bondi's debut title... LA Noire.
Whilst Rockstar weren't to be drawn on many specifics, we do know the game was previously being crafted for the PlayStation 3 console - so it could be that the game will now be heading to other platforms additionally. A classic Film Noir-inspired plot set in the 1940s and starring a detective is the order of the day we're told.
Apparently, an engrossing plot will be blended with action and puzzling, featuring open-ended challenges as the player takes on some of LA's most brutal criminals. "Brendan and I have known each other for a long time, and to finally have the opportunity to work together on a game is exciting," revealed Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. More soon.
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer