Lumines going Live next month
World-beating puzzle game hit Lumines looks set to hit the Xbox Live Arcade as early as next month, according to the latest word from game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi. Speaking at the Nordic Game event in Sweden, Mizuguchi told reporters that he expected Lumines Live out 'in the middle' of October.
Nordic Game also saw Mizuguchi demonstrate Lumines II for the PSP, though the Xbox Arcade version is expected out sooner than the November debut mooted for the full sequel, delivering the rhythmically-musical puzzler to a new audience. Mizuguchi still sounds enthusiastic about the prospect of musical puzzle titles generally, too, telling Eurogamer.net he hopes to craft "A new way to interact with the music. Maybe like a wallpaper or a screensaver. Screensavers are not interactive, but you do something, you get a reaction from it. Not a deep game, but playing with music."
More on all things Lumines Live, Lumines II and Lumines 'New' as we get it, then.
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week