Lumines going Live next month
World-beating puzzle game hit Lumines looks set to hit the Xbox Live Arcade as early as next month, according to the latest word from game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi. Speaking at the Nordic Game event in Sweden, Mizuguchi told reporters that he expected Lumines Live out 'in the middle' of October.
Nordic Game also saw Mizuguchi demonstrate Lumines II for the PSP, though the Xbox Arcade version is expected out sooner than the November debut mooted for the full sequel, delivering the rhythmically-musical puzzler to a new audience. Mizuguchi still sounds enthusiastic about the prospect of musical puzzle titles generally, too, telling Eurogamer.net he hopes to craft "A new way to interact with the music. Maybe like a wallpaper or a screensaver. Screensavers are not interactive, but you do something, you get a reaction from it. Not a deep game, but playing with music."
More on all things Lumines Live, Lumines II and Lumines 'New' as we get it, then.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network