Lumines going Live next month
World-beating puzzle game hit Lumines looks set to hit the Xbox Live Arcade as early as next month, according to the latest word from game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi. Speaking at the Nordic Game event in Sweden, Mizuguchi told reporters that he expected Lumines Live out 'in the middle' of October.
Nordic Game also saw Mizuguchi demonstrate Lumines II for the PSP, though the Xbox Arcade version is expected out sooner than the November debut mooted for the full sequel, delivering the rhythmically-musical puzzler to a new audience. Mizuguchi still sounds enthusiastic about the prospect of musical puzzle titles generally, too, telling Eurogamer.net he hopes to craft "A new way to interact with the music. Maybe like a wallpaper or a screensaver. Screensavers are not interactive, but you do something, you get a reaction from it. Not a deep game, but playing with music."
More on all things Lumines Live, Lumines II and Lumines 'New' as we get it, then.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year