London gets game concert
Video Games Live, a series of large-scale concerts embracing music from videogames has already proved a success in the United States, and now organisers are bringing the event to the capital of the UK, London. AEG Live have announced that tickets are already on sale for the concert, which will be held on the 25th of November at the Hammersmith Apollo.
The concert promises to take in a wide range of scores, covering Metal Gear Solid right through to Duck Hunt, with MDK, Tomb Raider, Mario, Myst, Warcraft and pretty much everything else in-between. Tickets will set you back about 25 GBP, plus a booking fee, and can be had by calling 0870 405 0448 or logging-on to aeglive.co.uk.
The live music will be accompanied by appropriate games-themed video footage, and we're also told to expect a few playable games, competitions and various other initiatives further promoting the concert. Thus far, only the London concert has been confirmed outside the US, but other capitals could also be getting in on the act soon.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year