Sega Wii Classics sighted
A number of the Sega 'classic' titles heading to the Wii as part of the 'Virtual Console' feature have been revealed today, thanks to an update from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. The Sega games heading for the innovative new console are: Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, Toe Jam & Earl, Golden Axe, Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog and Ristar. Of course, innumerable other third-parties are also promising to deliver their wares to Wii gamers via the online network, with Ninty themselves also promising to make vast swathes of their back-catalogue available.
The ESRB ratings are a pretty sure sign that these games are definitely on the way, as all games in North America have to pass the boards approval before being launched. Indeed, we're hopeful that searching the board's online database might yield other hints at future releases. Nintendo are holding press events in the USA and Europe at the end of this week, during which launch plans for the Wii console are expected to be revealed - in addition to more news on the system itself. We'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015