Sega Wii Classics sighted
A number of the Sega 'classic' titles heading to the Wii as part of the 'Virtual Console' feature have been revealed today, thanks to an update from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. The Sega games heading for the innovative new console are: Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, Toe Jam & Earl, Golden Axe, Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog and Ristar. Of course, innumerable other third-parties are also promising to deliver their wares to Wii gamers via the online network, with Ninty themselves also promising to make vast swathes of their back-catalogue available.
The ESRB ratings are a pretty sure sign that these games are definitely on the way, as all games in North America have to pass the boards approval before being launched. Indeed, we're hopeful that searching the board's online database might yield other hints at future releases. Nintendo are holding press events in the USA and Europe at the end of this week, during which launch plans for the Wii console are expected to be revealed - in addition to more news on the system itself. We'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO