Sega Wii Classics sighted
A number of the Sega 'classic' titles heading to the Wii as part of the 'Virtual Console' feature have been revealed today, thanks to an update from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. The Sega games heading for the innovative new console are: Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, Toe Jam & Earl, Golden Axe, Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog and Ristar. Of course, innumerable other third-parties are also promising to deliver their wares to Wii gamers via the online network, with Ninty themselves also promising to make vast swathes of their back-catalogue available.
The ESRB ratings are a pretty sure sign that these games are definitely on the way, as all games in North America have to pass the boards approval before being launched. Indeed, we're hopeful that searching the board's online database might yield other hints at future releases. Nintendo are holding press events in the USA and Europe at the end of this week, during which launch plans for the Wii console are expected to be revealed - in addition to more news on the system itself. We'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date