Sega Wii Classics sighted
A number of the Sega 'classic' titles heading to the Wii as part of the 'Virtual Console' feature have been revealed today, thanks to an update from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board. The Sega games heading for the innovative new console are: Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, Toe Jam & Earl, Golden Axe, Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog and Ristar. Of course, innumerable other third-parties are also promising to deliver their wares to Wii gamers via the online network, with Ninty themselves also promising to make vast swathes of their back-catalogue available.
The ESRB ratings are a pretty sure sign that these games are definitely on the way, as all games in North America have to pass the boards approval before being launched. Indeed, we're hopeful that searching the board's online database might yield other hints at future releases. Nintendo are holding press events in the USA and Europe at the end of this week, during which launch plans for the Wii console are expected to be revealed - in addition to more news on the system itself. We'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more.
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released