PSP gets new Prince of Persia
The Sony PSP handheld is being lined-up a new version of the latest in the Prince of Persia series, news today from the publisher reveals. Unfortunately, it isn't a brand new title designed exclusively for the platform, but unique content and enhancements are promised. Based on the latest console outing, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones will be out in-time for the festive season, and marks the Prince's second outing on Sony's PlayStation Portable.
Pipeworks Software are developing the new game, presumably based heavily on the PS2 original, and a release in America in 2007 will follow PAL-region launches at the end of this year. One aspect of the new title that could be worth getting excited about is the multiplayer component, which we're told will allow gamers to play as the Prince and his nemesis the Dark Prince, swinging and leaping through trap-ridden levels attempting to out-manouver and ensnare each other.
A number of special levels will be present, but the basic premise and plot will not differ from the console original - the Prince returning to Babylon from the Island of Time. The fighting system has reportedly been evolved somewhat, too, and we'll learn more as the game nears our UMD-drives.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone