PSP gets new Prince of Persia
The Sony PSP handheld is being lined-up a new version of the latest in the Prince of Persia series, news today from the publisher reveals. Unfortunately, it isn't a brand new title designed exclusively for the platform, but unique content and enhancements are promised. Based on the latest console outing, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones will be out in-time for the festive season, and marks the Prince's second outing on Sony's PlayStation Portable.
Pipeworks Software are developing the new game, presumably based heavily on the PS2 original, and a release in America in 2007 will follow PAL-region launches at the end of this year. One aspect of the new title that could be worth getting excited about is the multiplayer component, which we're told will allow gamers to play as the Prince and his nemesis the Dark Prince, swinging and leaping through trap-ridden levels attempting to out-manouver and ensnare each other.
A number of special levels will be present, but the basic premise and plot will not differ from the console original - the Prince returning to Babylon from the Island of Time. The fighting system has reportedly been evolved somewhat, too, and we'll learn more as the game nears our UMD-drives.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan