Microsoft passed on Tequila Works' Rime before it became a PS4 exclusive
New documents have appeared that seem to indicated that Microsoft passed on the opportunity to secure Tequila Works's Rime as an Xbox One exclusive before Sony snapped it up for the PS4.
According to the Content Submission Form for Xbox Live Rime was originally pitched to Microsoft as Echoes Of Siren and was looking for partial funding totalling 3 million USD for an Xbox One version and a further 40,000 USD for a Windows 8 version of the game.
The 'Elevator Pitch' section of the form describes Rime as “Gauntlet meets Minecraft meets Jason And The Argonauts”. Players must hunt for resources and allies, craft items and prepare their defenses for nightfall when they must battle supernatural enemies until the dawn.
Rime is now in development as an exclusive title for the PS4 although there's no news on a release date as yet.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title