Microsoft passed on Tequila Works' Rime before it became a PS4 exclusive
New documents have appeared that seem to indicated that Microsoft passed on the opportunity to secure Tequila Works's Rime as an Xbox One exclusive before Sony snapped it up for the PS4.
According to the Content Submission Form for Xbox Live Rime was originally pitched to Microsoft as Echoes Of Siren and was looking for partial funding totalling 3 million USD for an Xbox One version and a further 40,000 USD for a Windows 8 version of the game.
The 'Elevator Pitch' section of the form describes Rime as “Gauntlet meets Minecraft meets Jason And The Argonauts”. Players must hunt for resources and allies, craft items and prepare their defenses for nightfall when they must battle supernatural enemies until the dawn.
Rime is now in development as an exclusive title for the PS4 although there's no news on a release date as yet.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto