Microsoft passed on Tequila Works' Rime before it became a PS4 exclusive
New documents have appeared that seem to indicated that Microsoft passed on the opportunity to secure Tequila Works's Rime as an Xbox One exclusive before Sony snapped it up for the PS4.
According to the Content Submission Form for Xbox Live Rime was originally pitched to Microsoft as Echoes Of Siren and was looking for partial funding totalling 3 million USD for an Xbox One version and a further 40,000 USD for a Windows 8 version of the game.
The 'Elevator Pitch' section of the form describes Rime as “Gauntlet meets Minecraft meets Jason And The Argonauts”. Players must hunt for resources and allies, craft items and prepare their defenses for nightfall when they must battle supernatural enemies until the dawn.
Rime is now in development as an exclusive title for the PS4 although there's no news on a release date as yet.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced