Microsoft passed on Tequila Works' Rime before it became a PS4 exclusive
New documents have appeared that seem to indicated that Microsoft passed on the opportunity to secure Tequila Works's Rime as an Xbox One exclusive before Sony snapped it up for the PS4.
According to the Content Submission Form for Xbox Live Rime was originally pitched to Microsoft as Echoes Of Siren and was looking for partial funding totalling 3 million USD for an Xbox One version and a further 40,000 USD for a Windows 8 version of the game.
The 'Elevator Pitch' section of the form describes Rime as “Gauntlet meets Minecraft meets Jason And The Argonauts”. Players must hunt for resources and allies, craft items and prepare their defenses for nightfall when they must battle supernatural enemies until the dawn.
Rime is now in development as an exclusive title for the PS4 although there's no news on a release date as yet.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year