Microsoft passed on Tequila Works' Rime before it became a PS4 exclusive
New documents have appeared that seem to indicated that Microsoft passed on the opportunity to secure Tequila Works's Rime as an Xbox One exclusive before Sony snapped it up for the PS4.
According to the Content Submission Form for Xbox Live Rime was originally pitched to Microsoft as Echoes Of Siren and was looking for partial funding totalling 3 million USD for an Xbox One version and a further 40,000 USD for a Windows 8 version of the game.
The 'Elevator Pitch' section of the form describes Rime as “Gauntlet meets Minecraft meets Jason And The Argonauts”. Players must hunt for resources and allies, craft items and prepare their defenses for nightfall when they must battle supernatural enemies until the dawn.
Rime is now in development as an exclusive title for the PS4 although there's no news on a release date as yet.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO