Sam and Max return nears
Adventure gaming favourites Sam and Max are very nearly back with us, according to the latest word from the people engineering the comic book duo's return to interactive entertainment. Developer Telltale Games have apparently got six episodes in the pipeline, to be released and sold via the internet, with the first set to be with us in under a month.
What's more, gamers eager to enjoy a blast of friendly nostalgia will even be able to pick-up this first instalment, Sam & Max Episode 1: Culture Shock, for an extra low price – especially if they subscribe to the GameTap broadband network. Celebrating the service's first-birthday, the new game will be available to download exclusively for 15 days – as part of the usual 9.95 USD per month fee.
After the 15 day exclusivity period is over, you'll then also be able to acquire the game from the Telltale website, with this agreement reportedly covering all six episodes. This will be the first Sam and Max based title released since the crime-fighting animals first dazzled us in a LucasArts point-and-click classic back in the early 90s – so anticipation is naturally running high. It is currenlty unclear how much the game will cost when purchased individually. More soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year