VU snap-up Double Fine latest
Psychonauts, the inexplicably over-looked slice of gaming originality from Double Fine Games and design veteran Tim Schafer, clearly caught the eye of major publishers sufficiently to ensure that the developers next title would be better supported. Thusly VU Games have snapped-up the publishing rights to Double Fine's next title, which has yet to be announced.
The new game will be crafted for unspecified systems, probably of the next-gen variety, and if the game is anywhere near as good as Psychonauts, it'll hopefully get the mass exposure it deserves through VU's backing. The game will be published under Vivendi's Sierra label.
"Combine a developer-friendly attitude, support for innovation, major-publisher status with a worldwide scope and you have a perfect match for Double Fine," enthused Tim Schafer.
A spokesperson for the publisher added: "Double Fine's track record for producing innovative, original and fun titles is second to none, and we're looking forward to bringing amazing games to market together.”
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light