VU snap-up Double Fine latest
Psychonauts, the inexplicably over-looked slice of gaming originality from Double Fine Games and design veteran Tim Schafer, clearly caught the eye of major publishers sufficiently to ensure that the developers next title would be better supported. Thusly VU Games have snapped-up the publishing rights to Double Fine's next title, which has yet to be announced.
The new game will be crafted for unspecified systems, probably of the next-gen variety, and if the game is anywhere near as good as Psychonauts, it'll hopefully get the mass exposure it deserves through VU's backing. The game will be published under Vivendi's Sierra label.
"Combine a developer-friendly attitude, support for innovation, major-publisher status with a worldwide scope and you have a perfect match for Double Fine," enthused Tim Schafer.
A spokesperson for the publisher added: "Double Fine's track record for producing innovative, original and fun titles is second to none, and we're looking forward to bringing amazing games to market together.”
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD