2K to deliver Jade Empire
Everyone was rather tickled by Bioware's ambitious kung-fu kicking RPG Jade Empire when it was released on the Xbox console in early 2005 – and a PC version has been awaited with baited-breath ever since. Microsoft were expected to publish the game for Windows, as they did for the Xbox, but the news in today is that 2K Games will be delivering the game for personal computers.
Better late than never, 2K and Bioware reckon the new Jade Empire will be out in January 2007, sporting a load of new bonus features and improved graphics. Since releasing this title, Bioware has stepped-back from an initimate relationship with Redmond, instead forming an indie union with Pandemic – backed by venture capitalists Elevation Partners.
"We are thrilled to be partnering with 2K to deliver the immersive story and exciting world of Jade Empire to PC gamers," beamed Ray Muzyka, CEO of Bioware.
The PC title will come bundled with an art book, and will feature improved controls designed specifically for the PC, as well as better enemy AI and visuals worthy of even the mighiest PC. Oh yes.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016