SEGA announces Sonic Boom, game TV series and toy line
SEGA seems to be going all-out to give their zippy blue hedgehog his day in the sun and are taking a trans-media approach with Sonic's next adventure Sonic Boom.
Sonic Boom will not only be a game but it will also have a supporting toy line and a 3D computer animated TV series as well.
SEGA's chief content officer for Sonic Hiroyuki Miyazaki said, “SEGA is constantly looking to feed the appetite of Sonic fans, new and existing alike. The various pieces of the Sonic Boom project, such as its unique look, mix of comedy, and action and its focus on the whole ensemble with Sonic as the star, offer another exciting part of that universe for people to explore and enjoy. It will be at once familiar but also new.”
Sonic Boom will be heading to the Wii U and 3DS wil the TV series due to air on Canal Plus in France and Cartoon Network in the US during the 2014/2015.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone