SEGA announces Sonic Boom, game TV series and toy line
SEGA seems to be going all-out to give their zippy blue hedgehog his day in the sun and are taking a trans-media approach with Sonic's next adventure Sonic Boom.
Sonic Boom will not only be a game but it will also have a supporting toy line and a 3D computer animated TV series as well.
SEGA's chief content officer for Sonic Hiroyuki Miyazaki said, “SEGA is constantly looking to feed the appetite of Sonic fans, new and existing alike. The various pieces of the Sonic Boom project, such as its unique look, mix of comedy, and action and its focus on the whole ensemble with Sonic as the star, offer another exciting part of that universe for people to explore and enjoy. It will be at once familiar but also new.”
Sonic Boom will be heading to the Wii U and 3DS wil the TV series due to air on Canal Plus in France and Cartoon Network in the US during the 2014/2015.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine