SEGA announces Sonic Boom, game TV series and toy line
SEGA seems to be going all-out to give their zippy blue hedgehog his day in the sun and are taking a trans-media approach with Sonic's next adventure Sonic Boom.
Sonic Boom will not only be a game but it will also have a supporting toy line and a 3D computer animated TV series as well.
SEGA's chief content officer for Sonic Hiroyuki Miyazaki said, “SEGA is constantly looking to feed the appetite of Sonic fans, new and existing alike. The various pieces of the Sonic Boom project, such as its unique look, mix of comedy, and action and its focus on the whole ensemble with Sonic as the star, offer another exciting part of that universe for people to explore and enjoy. It will be at once familiar but also new.”
Sonic Boom will be heading to the Wii U and 3DS wil the TV series due to air on Canal Plus in France and Cartoon Network in the US during the 2014/2015.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3