SEGA announces Sonic Boom, game TV series and toy line
SEGA seems to be going all-out to give their zippy blue hedgehog his day in the sun and are taking a trans-media approach with Sonic's next adventure Sonic Boom.
Sonic Boom will not only be a game but it will also have a supporting toy line and a 3D computer animated TV series as well.
SEGA's chief content officer for Sonic Hiroyuki Miyazaki said, “SEGA is constantly looking to feed the appetite of Sonic fans, new and existing alike. The various pieces of the Sonic Boom project, such as its unique look, mix of comedy, and action and its focus on the whole ensemble with Sonic as the star, offer another exciting part of that universe for people to explore and enjoy. It will be at once familiar but also new.”
Sonic Boom will be heading to the Wii U and 3DS wil the TV series due to air on Canal Plus in France and Cartoon Network in the US during the 2014/2015.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015