SEGA announces Sonic Boom, game TV series and toy line
SEGA seems to be going all-out to give their zippy blue hedgehog his day in the sun and are taking a trans-media approach with Sonic's next adventure Sonic Boom.
Sonic Boom will not only be a game but it will also have a supporting toy line and a 3D computer animated TV series as well.
SEGA's chief content officer for Sonic Hiroyuki Miyazaki said, “SEGA is constantly looking to feed the appetite of Sonic fans, new and existing alike. The various pieces of the Sonic Boom project, such as its unique look, mix of comedy, and action and its focus on the whole ensemble with Sonic as the star, offer another exciting part of that universe for people to explore and enjoy. It will be at once familiar but also new.”
Sonic Boom will be heading to the Wii U and 3DS wil the TV series due to air on Canal Plus in France and Cartoon Network in the US during the 2014/2015.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release