Xbox Live logs 2b hours of play
Microsoft's gaming network Xbox Live has surpassed 2 billion hours of play whilst connected to online titles. Madden NFL 07 was the catalyst for this landmark number, with players clocking up over 2m hours of online play in the first week – or 228 years of gaming, in 7 days.
Another headline number was also achieved with card-based freebie "Texas Hold 'em" being downloaded over 100 times a minute - contributing to the 50m Xbox Live download count. The title is the first poker game on Xbox Live Arcade.
Microsoft have released a raft of numbers for statos to pour over:
- More than 50 million downloads of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox Live Marketplace to date
- Over 2 billion hours spent on Xbox Live by gamers across the globe since the launch of the Xbox Live online gaming network in November 2002
- More than 60 percent of Xbox 360 owners are connected to Xbox Live
- 1,300,000 text and voice messages are sent via Xbox Live every day. Currently totaling half a billion sent messages between the Xbox Live community per year
- 65 per cent of all connected consoles already downloading and playing Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Over 8 million downloads of Xbox Live Arcade games