Resident Evil still bound for Wii
Having announced a brand-spanking new version of Resident Evil for the Nintendo Wii console in May of this year, all fell silent on the new project at Capcom. That was until a Pro-G article on the title got the wrong end of the stick in an interview Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi, suggesting that the Wii title had been axed or was at the very least 'unlikely'. This was of course not quite the case, Resident Evil 5 being a PS3 and Xbox 360 title under development entirely separately from the Wii version, hence the confusion.
What the producer was in fact stating in the interview was that Resident Evil 5 would probably not make it onto the Nintendo Wii - hardly a surprise given that it was being purpose-built for the other next-gen systems - and given that Capcom already had a dedicated Wii title en route. So there you have it: the Wii will still be getting a version of Resident Evil, it will simply be different from the version on the other platforms.
Of course, all this means that Capcom are still keeping rather quiet on the Wii title, but fear-not, we've had confirmation that it is on the way - and hopefully we'll learn more on it soon. The same goes for Resident Evil 5, naturally.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft