Resident Evil still bound for Wii
Having announced a brand-spanking new version of Resident Evil for the Nintendo Wii console in May of this year, all fell silent on the new project at Capcom. That was until a Pro-G article on the title got the wrong end of the stick in an interview Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi, suggesting that the Wii title had been axed or was at the very least 'unlikely'. This was of course not quite the case, Resident Evil 5 being a PS3 and Xbox 360 title under development entirely separately from the Wii version, hence the confusion.
What the producer was in fact stating in the interview was that Resident Evil 5 would probably not make it onto the Nintendo Wii - hardly a surprise given that it was being purpose-built for the other next-gen systems - and given that Capcom already had a dedicated Wii title en route. So there you have it: the Wii will still be getting a version of Resident Evil, it will simply be different from the version on the other platforms.
Of course, all this means that Capcom are still keeping rather quiet on the Wii title, but fear-not, we've had confirmation that it is on the way - and hopefully we'll learn more on it soon. The same goes for Resident Evil 5, naturally.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May