Resident Evil still bound for Wii
Having announced a brand-spanking new version of Resident Evil for the Nintendo Wii console in May of this year, all fell silent on the new project at Capcom. That was until a Pro-G article on the title got the wrong end of the stick in an interview Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi, suggesting that the Wii title had been axed or was at the very least 'unlikely'. This was of course not quite the case, Resident Evil 5 being a PS3 and Xbox 360 title under development entirely separately from the Wii version, hence the confusion.
What the producer was in fact stating in the interview was that Resident Evil 5 would probably not make it onto the Nintendo Wii - hardly a surprise given that it was being purpose-built for the other next-gen systems - and given that Capcom already had a dedicated Wii title en route. So there you have it: the Wii will still be getting a version of Resident Evil, it will simply be different from the version on the other platforms.
Of course, all this means that Capcom are still keeping rather quiet on the Wii title, but fear-not, we've had confirmation that it is on the way - and hopefully we'll learn more on it soon. The same goes for Resident Evil 5, naturally.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year