MS slash 10 GBP off Core price
Despite refusing to comment last week on word that the majority of retailers had begun slashing 10 GBP off the retail price of the Xbox 360 Core pack, Microsoft UK appear to have 'sort-of' confessed that the price in Blighty has indeed been dropped to 199.99 GBP. Whether this small cut will be mirrored across Europe, and in Australasia and other PAL regions remains very much to be seen.
Speculation had previously suggested that the price cut had been driven by competition between retailers, keen to get the retail price of the console below the magic 200 GBP point. The Core pack had previously been retailing at 209.99 GBP, and whilst Microsoft still haven't officially announced the change, leading retailers are all stating that the cut is being led by the platform holder.
At the time of going to press, the Premium, HDD-enabled pack remains unchanged at 279.99 GBP. "Retail price is set by our retail partners. Retailers are already selling Xbox 360 Core System from £199.99, which we believe is outstanding value to consumers," MS stated just last week - though retailers later responded stating that "the Core version has dropped by £10 today - they've issued it directly so it's not been driven by retail," according to reports from GamesIndustry.biz.
Regardless, this is a positive development for consumers, and it will be interesting to see if the cut reaches other regions too. More soon, then.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage