Warframe update 12 arrives as PC players top 5.5 million
Digital Extremes has announced the arrival of update number 12 for their free-to-play title Warframe as the community reaches an impressive new milestone.
There are now 5.5 million players jumping into the sacred Tenno armour on the PC to deal with the many threats that occupy our galaxy.
Update 12 brings a host of improvements and tweaks as well as the new Zephyr Warframe, Save Darvo mission and a brand new game mode, Interception, which has players fighting to prevent a communication from being beamed to four towers on the map to be decoded.
There's new weapons to including the Phage Shotgun, Jag Kittag Jet Powered Polearm, Dual Cestra Sidearms and the Akstilletto Dual UZI.
It also expands the Forest tileset to include all of Earth, reorganises the Arsenal with Mod Stacking and adds the new Tenno Research Lab which will allow players to build new Warframes in the Dojo. There's also the new Oryx helmet for the Oberon Warframe and an improved in-game HUD.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3