New Lara flick hinted
The latest news in today hints that a third Lara Croft Tomb Raider movie could be en route, suggesting that the Crystal Dynamics' powered revival of the series could well have paid-off for publisher SCI-Eidos. Whilst talks with film studio Paramount are apparently only at an early stage, Eidos director Ian Livingstone reveals that both parties are certainly interested in making a third film a reality.
"Nothing's been signed yet and we still need to hire a script writer," Livingstone told UK games site Eurogamer.net. "The film's not been green lit yet, so for me it'd be ideal to tie in a movie script with a game script at the same time, to have them both in harmony rather than out of kilter - which has happened in the past."
Chris Barrie, who played Lara's butler in the previous films, has in the past hinted that a third film could well be on the cards. Angelina Jolie also having told reporters that she would consider reprising her role as Lara. Livingstone spoke in the interview of his satisfaction with Crystal Dynamics' work on the latest title, conceding that Core Design's efforts on the six previous games had left them somewhat 'jaded'.
The successes of the eponymous Tomb Raider are currently a major focus at this year's Edinburgh Interactive Entertainment Festival, we'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too