New Lara flick hinted
The latest news in today hints that a third Lara Croft Tomb Raider movie could be en route, suggesting that the Crystal Dynamics' powered revival of the series could well have paid-off for publisher SCI-Eidos. Whilst talks with film studio Paramount are apparently only at an early stage, Eidos director Ian Livingstone reveals that both parties are certainly interested in making a third film a reality.
"Nothing's been signed yet and we still need to hire a script writer," Livingstone told UK games site Eurogamer.net. "The film's not been green lit yet, so for me it'd be ideal to tie in a movie script with a game script at the same time, to have them both in harmony rather than out of kilter - which has happened in the past."
Chris Barrie, who played Lara's butler in the previous films, has in the past hinted that a third film could well be on the cards. Angelina Jolie also having told reporters that she would consider reprising her role as Lara. Livingstone spoke in the interview of his satisfaction with Crystal Dynamics' work on the latest title, conceding that Core Design's efforts on the six previous games had left them somewhat 'jaded'.
The successes of the eponymous Tomb Raider are currently a major focus at this year's Edinburgh Interactive Entertainment Festival, we'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year