EA axe aging servers
A number of EA's online gaming servers will be axed from August to October, the publisher has revealed, as they look to move gamers onto their newer titles. RTS servers from Armies of Exigo will be cut, as will those supporting s number of EA Sports' titles.
"Servers for the games listed below will be shut down on the indicated dates. You may continue to play the games online up until these dates, but certain community programs may begin to close down prior to the shutdown dates," read a statement from the company.
"All of us at EA would like to thank you for your valued participation in our online gaming community and hope that your enthusiasm for these games extends to our current lineup and beyond."
FIFA 2005, Fight Night Round 2, NCAA March Madness, NBA Live 2005, NBA Street 2005, NBA Street V3, Need for Speed Underground, NHL, Champions League and Total Club Manager servers on various formats will cease in August. In October Madden 2005 and NFL 2005 servers on PC, Xbox and PS2 also face the chop. Likewise, Armies of Exigo. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan