EA axe aging servers
A number of EA's online gaming servers will be axed from August to October, the publisher has revealed, as they look to move gamers onto their newer titles. RTS servers from Armies of Exigo will be cut, as will those supporting s number of EA Sports' titles.
"Servers for the games listed below will be shut down on the indicated dates. You may continue to play the games online up until these dates, but certain community programs may begin to close down prior to the shutdown dates," read a statement from the company.
"All of us at EA would like to thank you for your valued participation in our online gaming community and hope that your enthusiasm for these games extends to our current lineup and beyond."
FIFA 2005, Fight Night Round 2, NCAA March Madness, NBA Live 2005, NBA Street 2005, NBA Street V3, Need for Speed Underground, NHL, Champions League and Total Club Manager servers on various formats will cease in August. In October Madden 2005 and NFL 2005 servers on PC, Xbox and PS2 also face the chop. Likewise, Armies of Exigo. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday