Stranglehold enters 2007
Face-Off director John Woo's first foray into the realm of interactive entertainment: Stranglehold, has been delayed until 2007 at the bequest of publisher Midway. The game is now tentatively slated for a release early in the new year, or 'Q1' as the financianos would have it.
The next-generation title is already heavily tipped to do well after a warm welcome at E3 back in May, and the collaborative input of John Woo is expected to lend the game a cinematic feel. Midway Chicago are in charge of the title, which is being crafted for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
The title is billed as a videogame sequel to classic Woo flick Hard-Boiled, a gritty action thriller that starred Chow Yun-Fat back in Woo's early Hong Kong filmmaking days. A 2006 debut had been mooted for some time, but now Midway will use the extra time for unspecified work on the game. More as we get it.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light