Gears of War to take on PS3
So the PS3 won't be running smack-bang into Halo 3 as Bill Gates once proclaimed, it will however be sharing the gaming spotlight with arguably the Xbox 360's biggest title of the year. Yesterday, Microsoft revealed that Gears of War will be released on November 17th in PAL regions. The game will be out in North America on November 12th. It's certainly going to be interesting to see whether Epic Games' big-budget opus can tackle Sony's system head-on, and in the process score Microsoft some major PR points.
As well as a standard version of the first-person shooter, Microsoft have announced a metal-bound special edition pack, featuring an art book, 'making of' DVD and other collectible oddities. Epic's Gears of War promises a Hollywood-esque singleplayer experience, in what both companies must hope is the beginning of a major gaming series.
"With 'Gears of War' we've created a title that will place gamers directly in the shadows of a ravaged world, surrounded by the beautiful remnants of a destroyed city and the horrific dangers that hide in the rubble," enthused Cliff Bleszinski. Roll on November, we say.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015