Gears of War to take on PS3
So the PS3 won't be running smack-bang into Halo 3 as Bill Gates once proclaimed, it will however be sharing the gaming spotlight with arguably the Xbox 360's biggest title of the year. Yesterday, Microsoft revealed that Gears of War will be released on November 17th in PAL regions. The game will be out in North America on November 12th. It's certainly going to be interesting to see whether Epic Games' big-budget opus can tackle Sony's system head-on, and in the process score Microsoft some major PR points.
As well as a standard version of the first-person shooter, Microsoft have announced a metal-bound special edition pack, featuring an art book, 'making of' DVD and other collectible oddities. Epic's Gears of War promises a Hollywood-esque singleplayer experience, in what both companies must hope is the beginning of a major gaming series.
"With 'Gears of War' we've created a title that will place gamers directly in the shadows of a ravaged world, surrounded by the beautiful remnants of a destroyed city and the horrific dangers that hide in the rubble," enthused Cliff Bleszinski. Roll on November, we say.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below