Gears of War to take on PS3
So the PS3 won't be running smack-bang into Halo 3 as Bill Gates once proclaimed, it will however be sharing the gaming spotlight with arguably the Xbox 360's biggest title of the year. Yesterday, Microsoft revealed that Gears of War will be released on November 17th in PAL regions. The game will be out in North America on November 12th. It's certainly going to be interesting to see whether Epic Games' big-budget opus can tackle Sony's system head-on, and in the process score Microsoft some major PR points.
As well as a standard version of the first-person shooter, Microsoft have announced a metal-bound special edition pack, featuring an art book, 'making of' DVD and other collectible oddities. Epic's Gears of War promises a Hollywood-esque singleplayer experience, in what both companies must hope is the beginning of a major gaming series.
"With 'Gears of War' we've created a title that will place gamers directly in the shadows of a ravaged world, surrounded by the beautiful remnants of a destroyed city and the horrific dangers that hide in the rubble," enthused Cliff Bleszinski. Roll on November, we say.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release