Gears of War to take on PS3
So the PS3 won't be running smack-bang into Halo 3 as Bill Gates once proclaimed, it will however be sharing the gaming spotlight with arguably the Xbox 360's biggest title of the year. Yesterday, Microsoft revealed that Gears of War will be released on November 17th in PAL regions. The game will be out in North America on November 12th. It's certainly going to be interesting to see whether Epic Games' big-budget opus can tackle Sony's system head-on, and in the process score Microsoft some major PR points.
As well as a standard version of the first-person shooter, Microsoft have announced a metal-bound special edition pack, featuring an art book, 'making of' DVD and other collectible oddities. Epic's Gears of War promises a Hollywood-esque singleplayer experience, in what both companies must hope is the beginning of a major gaming series.
"With 'Gears of War' we've created a title that will place gamers directly in the shadows of a ravaged world, surrounded by the beautiful remnants of a destroyed city and the horrific dangers that hide in the rubble," enthused Cliff Bleszinski. Roll on November, we say.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit