BioWare Austin has an unannounced RPG project up its sleeves
A new job advert on EA's careers site seems to indicate that BioWare has a new RPG in the works at their Austin studio.
BioWare Austin was formerly Mythic and is the team responsible for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The new job ad seems to indicate that the new project is a single player title. The vacancy is for a lead combat designer with a minimum of four years experience is a similar role and two triple-A titles shipped as well as in-depth knowledge of RPG development.
There is no mention of multiplayer or MMO experience so it seems like this is a single player effort.
BioWare's Casey Hudson did reveal on the departure of founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka that he was overseeing a completely new project as well as the next Mass Effect so this might well be that game.
We have our fingers crossed for Jade Empire 2. What would you like to see from BioWare next?
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch