BioWare Austin has an unannounced RPG project up its sleeves
A new job advert on EA's careers site seems to indicate that BioWare has a new RPG in the works at their Austin studio.
BioWare Austin was formerly Mythic and is the team responsible for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The new job ad seems to indicate that the new project is a single player title. The vacancy is for a lead combat designer with a minimum of four years experience is a similar role and two triple-A titles shipped as well as in-depth knowledge of RPG development.
There is no mention of multiplayer or MMO experience so it seems like this is a single player effort.
BioWare's Casey Hudson did reveal on the departure of founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka that he was overseeing a completely new project as well as the next Mass Effect so this might well be that game.
We have our fingers crossed for Jade Empire 2. What would you like to see from BioWare next?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer