BioWare Austin has an unannounced RPG project up its sleeves
A new job advert on EA's careers site seems to indicate that BioWare has a new RPG in the works at their Austin studio.
BioWare Austin was formerly Mythic and is the team responsible for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The new job ad seems to indicate that the new project is a single player title. The vacancy is for a lead combat designer with a minimum of four years experience is a similar role and two triple-A titles shipped as well as in-depth knowledge of RPG development.
There is no mention of multiplayer or MMO experience so it seems like this is a single player effort.
BioWare's Casey Hudson did reveal on the departure of founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka that he was overseeing a completely new project as well as the next Mass Effect so this might well be that game.
We have our fingers crossed for Jade Empire 2. What would you like to see from BioWare next?
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014