Wii gets new Kombat game
Midway have today revealed that a brand new version of Mortal Kombat is currently being crafted especially for Nintendo's forthcoming Wii console. A representative from the American publisher reportedly told GameSpot that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon would hit the new system in early 2007. Which, when you think about it, isn't so far away now.
Midway's Ed Boon, one of the design brains behind the Mortal Kombat series, has in the past told 1UP of how he isn't even sure how the Wii's unique control methods might be used for a beat 'em up - making this announcement something of a coup for Nintendo. "There's not five or six buttons to give you all of these functions, so maybe they will compensate but tilting one way for blocking or another way for attack. But that is so dramatically different. So it will either be one of the biggest hits in the world or a big failure. I certainly hope it does well," Boon said of the Wii.
Of course the new MK could utilise the classic controller, but we reckon that would be a cop-out. After all, it could be one of the 'biggest hits', as Boon concedes. Mortal Kombat: Unchained is bound as we speak for the PSP handheld. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3