Wii gets new Kombat game
Midway have today revealed that a brand new version of Mortal Kombat is currently being crafted especially for Nintendo's forthcoming Wii console. A representative from the American publisher reportedly told GameSpot that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon would hit the new system in early 2007. Which, when you think about it, isn't so far away now.
Midway's Ed Boon, one of the design brains behind the Mortal Kombat series, has in the past told 1UP of how he isn't even sure how the Wii's unique control methods might be used for a beat 'em up - making this announcement something of a coup for Nintendo. "There's not five or six buttons to give you all of these functions, so maybe they will compensate but tilting one way for blocking or another way for attack. But that is so dramatically different. So it will either be one of the biggest hits in the world or a big failure. I certainly hope it does well," Boon said of the Wii.
Of course the new MK could utilise the classic controller, but we reckon that would be a cop-out. After all, it could be one of the 'biggest hits', as Boon concedes. Mortal Kombat: Unchained is bound as we speak for the PSP handheld. More soon.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat