Wii gets new Kombat game
Midway have today revealed that a brand new version of Mortal Kombat is currently being crafted especially for Nintendo's forthcoming Wii console. A representative from the American publisher reportedly told GameSpot that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon would hit the new system in early 2007. Which, when you think about it, isn't so far away now.
Midway's Ed Boon, one of the design brains behind the Mortal Kombat series, has in the past told 1UP of how he isn't even sure how the Wii's unique control methods might be used for a beat 'em up - making this announcement something of a coup for Nintendo. "There's not five or six buttons to give you all of these functions, so maybe they will compensate but tilting one way for blocking or another way for attack. But that is so dramatically different. So it will either be one of the biggest hits in the world or a big failure. I certainly hope it does well," Boon said of the Wii.
Of course the new MK could utilise the classic controller, but we reckon that would be a cop-out. After all, it could be one of the 'biggest hits', as Boon concedes. Mortal Kombat: Unchained is bound as we speak for the PSP handheld. More soon.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims