Wii gets new Kombat game
Midway have today revealed that a brand new version of Mortal Kombat is currently being crafted especially for Nintendo's forthcoming Wii console. A representative from the American publisher reportedly told GameSpot that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon would hit the new system in early 2007. Which, when you think about it, isn't so far away now.
Midway's Ed Boon, one of the design brains behind the Mortal Kombat series, has in the past told 1UP of how he isn't even sure how the Wii's unique control methods might be used for a beat 'em up - making this announcement something of a coup for Nintendo. "There's not five or six buttons to give you all of these functions, so maybe they will compensate but tilting one way for blocking or another way for attack. But that is so dramatically different. So it will either be one of the biggest hits in the world or a big failure. I certainly hope it does well," Boon said of the Wii.
Of course the new MK could utilise the classic controller, but we reckon that would be a cop-out. After all, it could be one of the 'biggest hits', as Boon concedes. Mortal Kombat: Unchained is bound as we speak for the PSP handheld. More soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III