Unreal Tournament 2007 slips
Epic Games' forthcoming multiplayer FPS foray Unreal Tournament 2007 has been delayed, according to publisher Midway. Originally, the highly-anticipated shooter, which uses the latest Unreal Engine technology, was due to be out this year, but the publisher conceded to US site GameSpot.com that they currently expect the title out at the beginning of 2007.
Speculation had linked Unreal Tournament 2007 to a launch alongside the new Playstation 3 console, due out in November, though this revelation presumably ends such conjecture. The next-generation console versions remain tantalisingly un-dated.
The game was originally announced for the Xbox 360, PC and PS3 by Midway. But now speculation is rife that the Xbox 360 version is no more, with Midway only speaking PS3 and PC. Epic Games are planning on releasing Gears of War exclusively on the 360 later this year, and beyond this it might be that the developer hopes to lavish some attention on other platforms with UT2007.
So, early 2007 it is. Watch this space for the promised 'big news' from Epic soon (or was this it? - Ed).
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter