Unreal Tournament 2007 slips
Epic Games' forthcoming multiplayer FPS foray Unreal Tournament 2007 has been delayed, according to publisher Midway. Originally, the highly-anticipated shooter, which uses the latest Unreal Engine technology, was due to be out this year, but the publisher conceded to US site GameSpot.com that they currently expect the title out at the beginning of 2007.
Speculation had linked Unreal Tournament 2007 to a launch alongside the new Playstation 3 console, due out in November, though this revelation presumably ends such conjecture. The next-generation console versions remain tantalisingly un-dated.
The game was originally announced for the Xbox 360, PC and PS3 by Midway. But now speculation is rife that the Xbox 360 version is no more, with Midway only speaking PS3 and PC. Epic Games are planning on releasing Gears of War exclusively on the 360 later this year, and beyond this it might be that the developer hopes to lavish some attention on other platforms with UT2007.
So, early 2007 it is. Watch this space for the promised 'big news' from Epic soon (or was this it? - Ed).
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3