Unreal Tournament 2007 slips
Epic Games' forthcoming multiplayer FPS foray Unreal Tournament 2007 has been delayed, according to publisher Midway. Originally, the highly-anticipated shooter, which uses the latest Unreal Engine technology, was due to be out this year, but the publisher conceded to US site GameSpot.com that they currently expect the title out at the beginning of 2007.
Speculation had linked Unreal Tournament 2007 to a launch alongside the new Playstation 3 console, due out in November, though this revelation presumably ends such conjecture. The next-generation console versions remain tantalisingly un-dated.
The game was originally announced for the Xbox 360, PC and PS3 by Midway. But now speculation is rife that the Xbox 360 version is no more, with Midway only speaking PS3 and PC. Epic Games are planning on releasing Gears of War exclusively on the 360 later this year, and beyond this it might be that the developer hopes to lavish some attention on other platforms with UT2007.
So, early 2007 it is. Watch this space for the promised 'big news' from Epic soon (or was this it? - Ed).
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan