Rez sequel hinted
Veteran game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, something of a celebrity in his native country, has once again been hinting at future titles, without actually giving much away. The creator of Rez, a global cult-hit of the slow-burning variety, hinted that a long-overdue sequel to the Dreamcast title could finally be on the way - instructing US games site 1UP.com to 'watch this space', in a manner of speaking.
"Stay tuned!" he beamed tantalisingly, and this, added to past hints - must surely be taken as a sign that something is on the way. Mizuguchi is currently the head of his own studio, Q Entertainment, but developed Rez for Sega where he cut his teeth.
"It's always there. I'm always thinking about it," he told E3 attendees back in May. A new Space Channel 5 is also an option, apparently, but most recent chatter has always pointed to the likelihood of Rez in the first instance. Fingers-crossed for news on musically-inspired puzzle-oddness soon.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto