Rez sequel hinted
Veteran game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, something of a celebrity in his native country, has once again been hinting at future titles, without actually giving much away. The creator of Rez, a global cult-hit of the slow-burning variety, hinted that a long-overdue sequel to the Dreamcast title could finally be on the way - instructing US games site 1UP.com to 'watch this space', in a manner of speaking.
"Stay tuned!" he beamed tantalisingly, and this, added to past hints - must surely be taken as a sign that something is on the way. Mizuguchi is currently the head of his own studio, Q Entertainment, but developed Rez for Sega where he cut his teeth.
"It's always there. I'm always thinking about it," he told E3 attendees back in May. A new Space Channel 5 is also an option, apparently, but most recent chatter has always pointed to the likelihood of Rez in the first instance. Fingers-crossed for news on musically-inspired puzzle-oddness soon.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015