Rez sequel hinted
Veteran game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, something of a celebrity in his native country, has once again been hinting at future titles, without actually giving much away. The creator of Rez, a global cult-hit of the slow-burning variety, hinted that a long-overdue sequel to the Dreamcast title could finally be on the way - instructing US games site 1UP.com to 'watch this space', in a manner of speaking.
"Stay tuned!" he beamed tantalisingly, and this, added to past hints - must surely be taken as a sign that something is on the way. Mizuguchi is currently the head of his own studio, Q Entertainment, but developed Rez for Sega where he cut his teeth.
"It's always there. I'm always thinking about it," he told E3 attendees back in May. A new Space Channel 5 is also an option, apparently, but most recent chatter has always pointed to the likelihood of Rez in the first instance. Fingers-crossed for news on musically-inspired puzzle-oddness soon.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch