Rez sequel hinted
Veteran game designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, something of a celebrity in his native country, has once again been hinting at future titles, without actually giving much away. The creator of Rez, a global cult-hit of the slow-burning variety, hinted that a long-overdue sequel to the Dreamcast title could finally be on the way - instructing US games site 1UP.com to 'watch this space', in a manner of speaking.
"Stay tuned!" he beamed tantalisingly, and this, added to past hints - must surely be taken as a sign that something is on the way. Mizuguchi is currently the head of his own studio, Q Entertainment, but developed Rez for Sega where he cut his teeth.
"It's always there. I'm always thinking about it," he told E3 attendees back in May. A new Space Channel 5 is also an option, apparently, but most recent chatter has always pointed to the likelihood of Rez in the first instance. Fingers-crossed for news on musically-inspired puzzle-oddness soon.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter