Mark Rein boosts PS3
Epic Games boss Mark Rein has waded into the current debate surrounding the PS3's hopes of success, boosting Sony's next-generation console with a vote of confidence that stands in contrast to negative chatter about Blu-Ray, pricing and controllers.
Speaking to UK-based Eurogamer TV, Rein commented that support from third-parties should help the PS3 rival the Xbox 360, because of Sony's approach to development kits and the like. "Developers were just getting final PS3 hardware [around the time of E3 - May], which is a long time before ship," Rein commented in the interview. "Developers did not have finished Xbox 360 hardware last year at E3. So Sony's actually maybe in a better place vis-a-vis Microsoft in relation to launch."
"I know we're getting some great results with it back at our house, so I would expect other developers will be as well," Rein added on Epic's own work with the new system. On the next-generation generally Rein also stated that Gears of War should look even better at launch than it did when it wowed audiences at E3, as developers learn how to get the most out of the new hardware.
Learn more on Rein's musings in the interview, we'll keep you posted as we learn more on the PS3, et al.
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight