New Guild Wars announced
A brand new title in NCSoft's popular Guild Wars series has been announced by the South Korean MMO giant today, Guild Wars Nightfall revealed by developer ArenaNet late yesterday.
In something of a surprise, ArenaNet also revealed the extent of the progress they've already made on the game, announcing a beta test of Nightfall due to kick-off between July 28th and 31st. Initial tests will involve a first-look PvP event. The event will give players of both Guild Wars Prophecies and Guild Wars Factions the chance to meet a couple of new professions and much more besides.
A divine-warrior, the Dervish, will be one such 'profession', the other being the Paragon, a guardian angel of the Elonian people. Both new professions have some rather nice tricks up their sleeves, and hardened Guild Wars players probably won't want to miss the weekend's showcase. Success in-game will even see ArenaNet dishing out some goodies to winning contestants. More as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year