New Guild Wars announced
A brand new title in NCSoft's popular Guild Wars series has been announced by the South Korean MMO giant today, Guild Wars Nightfall revealed by developer ArenaNet late yesterday.
In something of a surprise, ArenaNet also revealed the extent of the progress they've already made on the game, announcing a beta test of Nightfall due to kick-off between July 28th and 31st. Initial tests will involve a first-look PvP event. The event will give players of both Guild Wars Prophecies and Guild Wars Factions the chance to meet a couple of new professions and much more besides.
A divine-warrior, the Dervish, will be one such 'profession', the other being the Paragon, a guardian angel of the Elonian people. Both new professions have some rather nice tricks up their sleeves, and hardened Guild Wars players probably won't want to miss the weekend's showcase. Success in-game will even see ArenaNet dishing out some goodies to winning contestants. More as we get it.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch