EA gets into Wii
If there was any question about the commitment of EA towards the Nintendo Wii console, I think they can firmly be put to bed for the time being, the publisher promising a raft of top-notch 'IP' for the new format. Whilst versions of games like Need For Speed Carbon and Madden NFL have already been confirmed for the innovative console, which uses motion sensing technology as a control method, series' like Tiger Woods, The Godfather, SSX and Harry Potter are also Wii-bound. Apparently, EA's developers are increasingly enthused by the potential of the system, due out before March 2007.
"Once we started to experiment with Madden on Wii, there was an explosion of innovation. Everyone in the studio is energised by the creative opportunity afforded by both the hardware and controller," enthused EA general manager John Schappert recently. "By reaching into our catalogue, we are able to bring a fresh and distinctive experience to some of EA's most popular franchises. Creatively, the gameplay possibilities are staggering and endless."
More on EA's plans as we get it.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III