God of War 3 mooted
With God of War 2 well-under way for the Playstation 2, its inevitable that chatter of a third game is beginning to surface, especially as the first game proved enduringly popular. Speaking in his personal blog developer David Jaffe noted that numero two was progressing well, or "very, very nicely," as he put it.
Jaffe added that he was very impressed with the level design the studio are currently play-testing, also promising that the art and music in the game will far better the second time around. He also added that an altogether grander plot should hold the second game together, a subject that seems to have sparked the possibility of a third game - completing a 'trilogy'.
"And when you are making a game, you never really know if the game will turn out good enough to merit another one in the series. But after last week, I can say I am very confident of our chances to be able to complete the GOD OF WAR trilogy. You never know, but that's me just putting it out there."
Jaffe's opus should be out towards the end of 2006, about the same time as the PS3 arrives, oddly. Indeed, any third-instalment in the God of War series would presumably be of the next-generation variety. More soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year