God of War 3 mooted
With God of War 2 well-under way for the Playstation 2, its inevitable that chatter of a third game is beginning to surface, especially as the first game proved enduringly popular. Speaking in his personal blog developer David Jaffe noted that numero two was progressing well, or "very, very nicely," as he put it.
Jaffe added that he was very impressed with the level design the studio are currently play-testing, also promising that the art and music in the game will far better the second time around. He also added that an altogether grander plot should hold the second game together, a subject that seems to have sparked the possibility of a third game - completing a 'trilogy'.
"And when you are making a game, you never really know if the game will turn out good enough to merit another one in the series. But after last week, I can say I am very confident of our chances to be able to complete the GOD OF WAR trilogy. You never know, but that's me just putting it out there."
Jaffe's opus should be out towards the end of 2006, about the same time as the PS3 arrives, oddly. Indeed, any third-instalment in the God of War series would presumably be of the next-generation variety. More soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light