God of War 3 mooted
With God of War 2 well-under way for the Playstation 2, its inevitable that chatter of a third game is beginning to surface, especially as the first game proved enduringly popular. Speaking in his personal blog developer David Jaffe noted that numero two was progressing well, or "very, very nicely," as he put it.
Jaffe added that he was very impressed with the level design the studio are currently play-testing, also promising that the art and music in the game will far better the second time around. He also added that an altogether grander plot should hold the second game together, a subject that seems to have sparked the possibility of a third game - completing a 'trilogy'.
"And when you are making a game, you never really know if the game will turn out good enough to merit another one in the series. But after last week, I can say I am very confident of our chances to be able to complete the GOD OF WAR trilogy. You never know, but that's me just putting it out there."
Jaffe's opus should be out towards the end of 2006, about the same time as the PS3 arrives, oddly. Indeed, any third-instalment in the God of War series would presumably be of the next-generation variety. More soon.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year