God of War 3 mooted
With God of War 2 well-under way for the Playstation 2, its inevitable that chatter of a third game is beginning to surface, especially as the first game proved enduringly popular. Speaking in his personal blog developer David Jaffe noted that numero two was progressing well, or "very, very nicely," as he put it.
Jaffe added that he was very impressed with the level design the studio are currently play-testing, also promising that the art and music in the game will far better the second time around. He also added that an altogether grander plot should hold the second game together, a subject that seems to have sparked the possibility of a third game - completing a 'trilogy'.
"And when you are making a game, you never really know if the game will turn out good enough to merit another one in the series. But after last week, I can say I am very confident of our chances to be able to complete the GOD OF WAR trilogy. You never know, but that's me just putting it out there."
Jaffe's opus should be out towards the end of 2006, about the same time as the PS3 arrives, oddly. Indeed, any third-instalment in the God of War series would presumably be of the next-generation variety. More soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes