Xbox goes handheld with Argo?
If speculation and subsequent denials concerning the prospect of a Microsoft handheld device weren't enough to keep us news writers churning out the speculation, we now hear chatter of an entire range of 'digital media products'. This latest news reportedly comes from an insider source, close to the secretive Microsoft handheld project, who reportedly told the Seattle Times of a range of Xbox-branded products. 'Argo' is apparently the codename currently being used, and the insider speaks of media products designed not only to compete with Apple's iPod, but the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP too.
The line of products is rumoured to be headed by one of the Xbox's founding-fathers, J Allard, and rumours have been rife for months that the executive is leading Redmond's handheld charge. A previous Bloomberg report pointed to releases in the range this very Christmas, with MS looking to up revenues this year after Windows Vista slipped. If true, could we hear more on this at X06 in September? Here's hoping...
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch