Wii dating rumoured
The Nintendo Wii is expected out across the planet by the end of March 2007, however more specific dating remains illusive, despite Microsoft already building a lead with the Xbox 360 and Sony confirming a PS3 launch everywhere in November. Ninty boss Satoru Iwata however has now stated publicly that the system will be out before Thanksgiving, which many took as a sign that innovative new console would be out in November - putting the Big N on collision course with the Big S.
CNN Money columnist Chris Morris however has a different take on this development, taking Iwata's promise of 'before Thanksgiving' as a sign that the Wii will in fact arrive in October or possibly even late September. The GameCube released around Thanksgiving, but previous systems have arrived outside of this popular release window, so everything remains typically shrouded in mystery it would seem.
Nintendo tell us to expect concrete release date and pricing news by the end of September, so we'll hopefully have more for you soon.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny