Wii dating rumoured
The Nintendo Wii is expected out across the planet by the end of March 2007, however more specific dating remains illusive, despite Microsoft already building a lead with the Xbox 360 and Sony confirming a PS3 launch everywhere in November. Ninty boss Satoru Iwata however has now stated publicly that the system will be out before Thanksgiving, which many took as a sign that innovative new console would be out in November - putting the Big N on collision course with the Big S.
CNN Money columnist Chris Morris however has a different take on this development, taking Iwata's promise of 'before Thanksgiving' as a sign that the Wii will in fact arrive in October or possibly even late September. The GameCube released around Thanksgiving, but previous systems have arrived outside of this popular release window, so everything remains typically shrouded in mystery it would seem.
Nintendo tell us to expect concrete release date and pricing news by the end of September, so we'll hopefully have more for you soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer