Xbox 360 price cut dismissed
We were always sceptical that Microsoft would cut the price of their next-generation Xbox 360 console so shortly after launching... especially with Sony having revealed that the Playstation 3 will cost a king's ransom at launch. In fact, pricing competition from Nintendo now seems more likely to force Microsoft's hand, if there is to be any kind of reduction within the next twelve months or so. "As you're all aware, there have been rumours of a price drop for the Xbox 360 coming along later this year. The official word from folks in the know is that there are currently no plans for a price drop this fall," group manager of communications John Porcaro wrote on his personal blog recently.
"If you've been holding off picking one up because you think they'll be cheaper in the future, or they've been hard to find, or because you're too busy catching up on past episodes of Lost, wait no longer," he added. So there you have it, you can blame him if Redmond do cut the cost of the console, as has been persistently rumoured over the last week or so.
Porcaro went on to - unsurprisingly - mock the price of the PS3, and sung the praises of the Xbox 360's Christmas line-up, which Sony's console will be up against at launch. The chief even admitted that Sony's plans had made Microsoft's pricing decisions 'easy'. But despite the bravado and confidence flowing from the MS camp, who would bet against Sony initially selling out, irrespective of the cost?
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One