Barcelona plays host to X06
One of Microsoft's occasionally-annual Xbox-themed industry shindigs is back for 2006, with Redmond announcing that X06 will be held in Barcelona. September 27th and 28th are the dates, and we're promised all manner of gaming announcements concerning the Xbox 360, Xbox Arcade and Windows PC. Experts are already suggesting that the timing of X06 means Microsoft will have little to say for themselves at the Tokyo Game Show, which is held this year between September 22nd and the 24th.
X06 will play host to anyone who's anyone in the games business, as well as hosting innumerable Microsoft partners. X05 certainly offered-up a few surprises, such as Peter Jackson's role in the new Halo flick, as well as Bioware's Mass Effect, so we're hopeful for more excitement in Spain this year. More for the PC is anticipated at this year's show, with Microsoft building towards the launch of Windows Vista.
More on Microsoft's downloadable content plans are expected for the Xbox 360, and we'll be on the prowl for news of new games, accessories, et al. More soon.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like