Barcelona plays host to X06
One of Microsoft's occasionally-annual Xbox-themed industry shindigs is back for 2006, with Redmond announcing that X06 will be held in Barcelona. September 27th and 28th are the dates, and we're promised all manner of gaming announcements concerning the Xbox 360, Xbox Arcade and Windows PC. Experts are already suggesting that the timing of X06 means Microsoft will have little to say for themselves at the Tokyo Game Show, which is held this year between September 22nd and the 24th.
X06 will play host to anyone who's anyone in the games business, as well as hosting innumerable Microsoft partners. X05 certainly offered-up a few surprises, such as Peter Jackson's role in the new Halo flick, as well as Bioware's Mass Effect, so we're hopeful for more excitement in Spain this year. More for the PC is anticipated at this year's show, with Microsoft building towards the launch of Windows Vista.
More on Microsoft's downloadable content plans are expected for the Xbox 360, and we'll be on the prowl for news of new games, accessories, et al. More soon.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing