Double Fine call for Psychonauts 360
Psychonauts, an unsung slice of gaming excellence, was a rare treat when it hit the Xbox and (to a lesser extent) the PS2 last year, yet was shamefully overlooked by many at retail. The game deserves a second bite of the apple, that's for sure, and to this end developer Double Fine - and now us - are calling for backwards compatibility on the Xbox 360. Thus far, no upgrade rendering the original platformer playable has been released. So how do we get Psychonauts to work? By hassling Microsoft of course!
"I want you to get up. I want you to walk over to your window right now. I want you to open your window up, and then I want you to stick your head out, and then I want you to take in a nice breath of fresh air, and then I want you to close that window and walk back to your computer and click on this link and send Microsoft a heartfelt message. Something to the effect of, 'I am a 9-year-old boy in the hospital, dying of consumption, and my last wish is to play Psychonauts on my Xbox 360!' (Please, try to make up your own disease.)," read a statement from the developer. So there you have it.
We're told that should Psychonauts make the transformation, then it'll even look prettier for Europeans, the PAL Xbox 360 possessing progressive-scan where the first PAL Xbox didn't. More as we get it, then.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO