PS4 could be getting emulation support for PS1 and PS2 games
Rumours have emerged suggesting that Sony could be preparing support for PS1 and PS2 games on the PS4 through emulation.
A source close to Sony's PlayStation Now streaming service has told Eurogamer that so far only the PS3 games will be streamed to via the service which is built using Gaikai's streaming technology.
The emulation technology also reportedly includes visual updates similar to the resolution scaling technology used to create the HD collections on the PS3.
Emulation is usually pretty hardware-intensive but with the considerable power at the PS4's disposal even emulating the PS2 shouldn't be too much trouble.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3