Midway plot Myst on PSP
We've known for some time that Sega were behind a version of PC classic Myst for the PSP handheld, but with only the Japanese branch discussing the game it was unclear what was planned for Europe and North America. Now we know that the game will most definitely be released outside of Japan, with Midway Games enlisted to deliver this port of the Cyan landmark title.
Credited with kick-starting a new era of PC adventure games, Myst also pioneered an approach to visuals that would last for many years, even with the advent of 3D graphic acceleration on the PC. This conversion will be crafted for Sony's handheld by Hoplite Research, who will adapt the game for the PSP's widescreen in the series' first handheld outing.
Those of you looking forward to a little island-adventuring on the go will just have to wait a little longer, however, as Midway aren't saying much on a release date yet. That said, we do know the game will feature the same plotlines celebrated in Cyan's original. More soon.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side