Xbox Classics slashed
The Xbox Classics range just got a whole lot classier, with Microsoft having announced a 'Best of' Classics range, which will see games already priced at 19.99 GBP, knocked-down to a paltry 9.99 GBP. This isn't an unimpressive list of games, either, Halo 2 topping a roster which also includes Fable, Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, The Simpsons: Hit and Run, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Crash Twinsanity and Crash Nitro Kart. Nice.
If our calculations are correct all of these games should be compatible with the Xbox 360 too, making them worthy purchases even for new converts to the 'green' side. Indeed, with Microsoft eager to explore every possible avenue in order to boost the Xbox brand and capitalise on the lead the console is building ahead of the PS3, we wouldn't even bet against a few 360 'Classics' appearing this side of the festive season.
Regardless, we'll keep you posted on Microsoft's discounting.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch