Xbox Classics slashed
The Xbox Classics range just got a whole lot classier, with Microsoft having announced a 'Best of' Classics range, which will see games already priced at 19.99 GBP, knocked-down to a paltry 9.99 GBP. This isn't an unimpressive list of games, either, Halo 2 topping a roster which also includes Fable, Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, The Simpsons: Hit and Run, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Crash Twinsanity and Crash Nitro Kart. Nice.
If our calculations are correct all of these games should be compatible with the Xbox 360 too, making them worthy purchases even for new converts to the 'green' side. Indeed, with Microsoft eager to explore every possible avenue in order to boost the Xbox brand and capitalise on the lead the console is building ahead of the PS3, we wouldn't even bet against a few 360 'Classics' appearing this side of the festive season.
Regardless, we'll keep you posted on Microsoft's discounting.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3