Cliff Bleszinski looking to crowd-fund his next game
Gears Of War creator Cliff Bleszinski is promising some solid news on his next game very soon.
Bleszinski is looking to launch a crowd-funding campaign for his new game and he has promised more information in the next month or so.
"Expect some news hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks," Bleszinski told GamerHubTV. "I would like to go directly to the consumer if possible, although with the safety net of providing outside financing. I think Kickstarter is a beautiful, romantic thing. I think that for every success story there's ten failures, sadly, on Kickstarter.”
“But I think it's possible with the success of Day Z,” hed added, “to have the concept of pay-for-alpha or pay-for-early-access, and help the community forge and shape your game. Build the company while you build the game while you build the community, at the same time."
He has hinted that the next project he wanted to make was an arena shooter in the mould of Unreal Tournament.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3