250 USD Wii mooted
The latest financial report is out from Nintendo and in amongst the baffling figures, forecasts and other nonsensical exemplars of boredom, we discover a few gems of information about the Wii console. In a report aimed at shareholders, and later confirmed to the press, Ninty reveal that the new console will not cost in excess of 250 USD in North America, or 25,000 Yen in Japan. This positions the innovation gizmo comfortably below the current Xbox 360's pricing, and a world away from the lofty sums Sony are demanding for the PS3.
The console will begin shipping in the 'fourth-quarter' of 2006, with six-million units hitting shelves by the end of March 2007. The report promised more concrete specifics on Wii shortly, whilst explaining that a drop in turn-over could be laid firmly upon the ailing GameCube's doorstep. More news on the Wii as we get it (apparently, even Shigeru Miyamoto preffered 'Revolution'... ho-hum).
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive