250 USD Wii mooted
The latest financial report is out from Nintendo and in amongst the baffling figures, forecasts and other nonsensical exemplars of boredom, we discover a few gems of information about the Wii console. In a report aimed at shareholders, and later confirmed to the press, Ninty reveal that the new console will not cost in excess of 250 USD in North America, or 25,000 Yen in Japan. This positions the innovation gizmo comfortably below the current Xbox 360's pricing, and a world away from the lofty sums Sony are demanding for the PS3.
The console will begin shipping in the 'fourth-quarter' of 2006, with six-million units hitting shelves by the end of March 2007. The report promised more concrete specifics on Wii shortly, whilst explaining that a drop in turn-over could be laid firmly upon the ailing GameCube's doorstep. More news on the Wii as we get it (apparently, even Shigeru Miyamoto preffered 'Revolution'... ho-hum).
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light