250 USD Wii mooted
The latest financial report is out from Nintendo and in amongst the baffling figures, forecasts and other nonsensical exemplars of boredom, we discover a few gems of information about the Wii console. In a report aimed at shareholders, and later confirmed to the press, Ninty reveal that the new console will not cost in excess of 250 USD in North America, or 25,000 Yen in Japan. This positions the innovation gizmo comfortably below the current Xbox 360's pricing, and a world away from the lofty sums Sony are demanding for the PS3.
The console will begin shipping in the 'fourth-quarter' of 2006, with six-million units hitting shelves by the end of March 2007. The report promised more concrete specifics on Wii shortly, whilst explaining that a drop in turn-over could be laid firmly upon the ailing GameCube's doorstep. More news on the Wii as we get it (apparently, even Shigeru Miyamoto preffered 'Revolution'... ho-hum).
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi