Analyst expects GTA V on PC and next-gen plus Red Dead sequel announcement this year
Colin Sebastian, analyst for Baird Equity has been giving his predictions on what we'll see in 2014 from Rockstar Games.
It seems like it might be a busy year for the GTA publisher if Sebastian's predictions come true. He's expecting that GTA V will arrive on PC and next-gen consoles and the announcement of the next game in the Read Dead series which would be pretty cool.
"Take Two continues to produce some of the highest-quality console and PC games, which we believe should transition well on next-gen platforms,” Sebastian told VG247.
He went on, "We expect product announcements over the next year such as extending GTA V to other platforms (e.g., PC, next-gen consoles), the next Red Dead, etc., to help improve revenue and earnings visibility. In addition, the company has significant potential to grow digital/online revenues, which should help improve gross margins and add visibility to growth."
At this point a PC version of GTA V is almost a given and rumours of a PS4 version are growing as well. What else they will announce is a complete mystery with both Bully 2 and a new Red Dead being rumoured.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3