Fable Legends Villain players won't fight hero players directly
Lionhead has given a bit more insight into the multiplayer features for their first next-gen title Fable Legends.
The game's multiplayer features have been inspired by Dark Souls and Journey in the way players can invade the worlds of others.
Lionhead boss Jeremy Needham told Eurogamer, “I always mention this, but I love Dark Souls, where you’re invading other people’s worlds, and games like Journey, where people are organically coming in and out of your game world. Having that kind of infrastructure behind the Xbox One gives you a lot of flexibility to do highly innovative online. They definitely inspire us, for sure.”
The studio has some interesting ideas on how Villain players jumping into Fable Legends will interact with the heroes although it won't be in the form of direct confrontation.
“Villain players will have different sorts of minions at their disposal, some more powerful than others – so, while you won’t get to physically fight the Villain ‘one on one’ as it were, the Villain is able to control every minion you encounter including the more powerful ones,” community manager Chris Hohbein explained to OXM. “The idea of villain players attacking towns sounds interesting! But I’d imagine that would be a huge challenge, both technically and in terms of gameplay for those in the town! Nevertheless, always good to hear ideas!”
Microsoft is still to announce a date that Fable Legends will arrive on the Xbox One or if they will be conducting a beta.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year