Director Del Toro partners on Sundown
Mexican movie director Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Blade II, Relic) is providing his support to help develop Sundown, a videogame where players will be tasked with surviving a terrifying apocalypse that renders the world awash with horrific mutant zombies and a myriad other fatal dangers. Del Toro's actual role within the process is not yet clear but the partnership formed with Terminal Reality (BloodRayne, Demonik, Aeon Flux), which is developing Sundown for next-gen formats, should be nothing but good news for the final product, especially as del Toro is a stylish director (at one-time rumoured to be helming a move version of Halo) who has always considered himself an avid games player.
"I believe in the next 10 years, narrative media is going to shift to a hybrid of videogames and movies. This is a great opportunity for me to help be a bridge to what I believe is the future," said del Toro. "We want to create a real beginning, middle and end to the game and to each set piece of the game too. I want to make some of the atmospheric elements in the game very, very scary."
We look forward to seeing what he comes up with when Sundown appears.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too