Eidos lock and load for Reservoir Dogs
Eidos Interactive today revealed that a videogame adaptation of the movie Reservoir Dogs, the cult 1992 directorial debut of a certain Quentin Tarantino, will be released to retail in the autumn of 2006. Eidos' parent company SCi Entertainment originally acquired the license to develop a videogame carved from the landmark movie back in 2003, but from that point on it remained somewhat of an unfulfilled prospect by popping in and out of sight across the industry and looking all-but set to end up consigned to development limbo.
Reservoir Dogs will emerge as a third-person action game, which will follow the flow of its movie source material while also injecting fresh elements by drawing upon situations that were never fully explored on celluloid - such as the gang's pivotal but bungled heist. The game will also contain many of the memorable songs that appeared on the movie's soundtrack, such as the famous title sequence track 'Little Green Bag' by the George Baker Selection, and the infamous ear cutting accompaniment 'Stuck in the Middle with You' by Stealers Wheel.
"We are proud to be working with one of the most original films to be released in our lifetime on a gaming format," announced Helen Lawson, Brand Manager of Eidos Interactive. "Reservoir Dogs will appeal to both movie and gaming fans, and offers an unprecedented opportunity to play through the events of the movie and fill in the gaps."
Delving into the unexplained moments of the movie may well ruin the initial cinematic appeal that Reservoir Dogs generated through its use of clever storytelling, yet it will also afford those gaming fans who 'simply must know' with the chance to explore the movie like never before. Whether the finished article stands alone with due respect or falls flat as a cobbled cash-in based on the current sway of movie 'reworks' (The Godfather, Scarface, etc.) remains to be seen.
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed