Codemasters announce the return of Colin McRae
Today, Codemasters has revealed that the one-time undisputed ruler of the rally genre, Colin McRae Rally will be tearing anew through tightly winding courses and spraying mud, gravel, and dust in all directions in 2007.
Presently known under the simple working title of "CMR'07", the Colin McRae Rally franchise will now be developed exclusively for next-generation formats. More than two years has passed since the last CMR addition, but now the boffins at Codemasters are back beavering away to create a completely refreshing version of Colin McRae Rally. The newly produced game is set to include and expand upon the basic premise of authentic point-A to point-B championship rallying in order to offer a wealth of varied international off-road events such as action-packed multiple car Rally Cross and vertigo-inducing Hill Climb challenges across the usual mixture of dust, gravel, dirt, and mud covered surfaces.
Gavin Raeburn, Codemasters' Executive Producer, proudly states that, "The all-new Colin McRae Rally will be a real evolution for the series and offer a massive variety of off-road events, more than any other single-championship rally game has before." Which is certainly good news for the established fans of the franchise who've been itching to get behind the McRae wheel again. Raeburn goes on to say that, "It's being designed to offer a totally accessible, high-speed and adrenalin-fuelled ride for newcomers to the series, yet race-hardened McRae players will be able to delve under the bonnet and immerse themselves in the most challenging of competitions."
Something to look forward to come CMR's appearance in 2007.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below