Xbox Live offers exclusive E3 content
The line-up of exclusive E3 content set to appear on the Xbox Live Marketplace during the Expo has today been (partly) uncovered. All the content will be completely free to download, and its availability will cleverly coincide with the temporary boosting of all Silver Live memberships to Gold during the duration of the usually all-industry Expo.
Xbox 360 owners can now look forward to getting as close to E3 as possible without actually vainly trekking to Los Angeles without necessary industry credentials. The following list of playable game demos and trailers should all appear for download between Monday 8 May and Monday 15 May:
There should also be a wide range of high-definition trailers for the grabbing - though these are presently unconfirmed. The card-based game Uno will also be available for download through the Live Marketplace, as well as the 'Game with Fame' sessions with the likes of Dave Navarro, Jenny McCarthy, and Method Man. Finally you don't need to travel halfway around the planet in order to experience the games, the atmosphere, and the generally crushing hype that accompanies each annual E3 extravaganza.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3