Has Ubisoft cancelled the Wii U version of Watch Dogs?
GameStop has stopped taking pre-orders for the Wii U version of Watch Dogs prompting rumours that Ubisoft has cancelled the game on Nintendo's struggling home machine.
To make matters worse, they are telling customers that the reason they are not taking pre-orders and cancelling existing ones because Ubisoft has canned the Wii U version completely.
All Ubisoft would say to VG247 on the subject was, “We have nothing to comment at this stage.” Retailers here in the UK are still taking pre-orders for the Wii U version of Watch Dogs.
GameStop has done this before refunding pre-orders for The Last Guardian stating that Sony had cancelled the game only for Sony to turn round and say that they had done nothing of the sort. It's certainly not arrived as yet but both the game's creator Fumito Ueda and Sony have confirmed that the game is still in development.
Thanks The Escapist.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3