Prey looms from 3D Realms
3D Realms and Human Head developed first-person shooter Prey took a step closer to release this week, with publisher Take-Two revealing that the game will be out in the USA (and elsewhere, possibly) this July. 3D Realms, owners of the Prey 'IP', also revealed that a demo for the game should be released ahead of the full debut. The game is set for release on the PC and Xbox 360.
"I feel very strongly that the demo will be our most important marketing tool for the game, by a long shot," 3D Realms boss Scott Miller told Game Matters blog, as reported by Eurogamer.net. "Even watching the videos of the game in full glory will not convey to you why this game is truly something different, just as watching Tivo in action is not the same as finally owning it yourself, and coming to realise what a change it is."
Miller qualified the TiVo analogy, stating that "It's a game that comes off sounding like every FPS before it, UNTIL you've played it." Don't judge the game by its premise and genre, Miller seems to be telling us... play the demo. So July it is for Prey, and Miller told the blog he's expecting a warm reception, mooting scores in the '88-92' range.
More on Talon Brave's return from beyond the pale as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year