Prey looms from 3D Realms
3D Realms and Human Head developed first-person shooter Prey took a step closer to release this week, with publisher Take-Two revealing that the game will be out in the USA (and elsewhere, possibly) this July. 3D Realms, owners of the Prey 'IP', also revealed that a demo for the game should be released ahead of the full debut. The game is set for release on the PC and Xbox 360.
"I feel very strongly that the demo will be our most important marketing tool for the game, by a long shot," 3D Realms boss Scott Miller told Game Matters blog, as reported by Eurogamer.net. "Even watching the videos of the game in full glory will not convey to you why this game is truly something different, just as watching Tivo in action is not the same as finally owning it yourself, and coming to realise what a change it is."
Miller qualified the TiVo analogy, stating that "It's a game that comes off sounding like every FPS before it, UNTIL you've played it." Don't judge the game by its premise and genre, Miller seems to be telling us... play the demo. So July it is for Prey, and Miller told the blog he's expecting a warm reception, mooting scores in the '88-92' range.
More on Talon Brave's return from beyond the pale as we get it.
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime