There is no bankruptcy says Dontnod CEO
The CEO of Paris-based development studio Dontnod, Oskar Guilbert has spoken out in response to the rumours that they'd filed for bankruptcy.
Guilbert has stated emphatically that “There Is no bankruptcy” and the studio's financial issues are behind them.
"We are in something called in France 'judicial reorganisation' which allows us to re-adapt our production pipeline to the new situation,” he elaborated. “Because as you know we finished a game called Remember Me for Capcom which was out in June 2013, last year. This game, I think it's important to mention, is number two in terms of downloads on PlayStation Plus in Europe, so it's a big success on the digital side at least."
Guilbert added, "We started new projects and those new projects need some investment and we decided to resize the company in order to match these new needs. That's why we needed judicial reorganisation. We are also in close negotiations with one big partner; I cannot of course announce the name and say that but we are in very close negotiations for our next project with one of the top publishers."
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi