There is no bankruptcy says Dontnod CEO
The CEO of Paris-based development studio Dontnod, Oskar Guilbert has spoken out in response to the rumours that they'd filed for bankruptcy.
Guilbert has stated emphatically that “There Is no bankruptcy” and the studio's financial issues are behind them.
"We are in something called in France 'judicial reorganisation' which allows us to re-adapt our production pipeline to the new situation,” he elaborated. “Because as you know we finished a game called Remember Me for Capcom which was out in June 2013, last year. This game, I think it's important to mention, is number two in terms of downloads on PlayStation Plus in Europe, so it's a big success on the digital side at least."
Guilbert added, "We started new projects and those new projects need some investment and we decided to resize the company in order to match these new needs. That's why we needed judicial reorganisation. We are also in close negotiations with one big partner; I cannot of course announce the name and say that but we are in very close negotiations for our next project with one of the top publishers."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light