VU announce Eragon videogame
VU Games may have pulled-off a noteworthy coup this week, snagging the game rights to a new feature film set to launch in December. Eragon, a film based on the fantasy novel of the same name by Christopher Paolini, is being created by Twentieth Century Fox who clearly feel they have the next Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings on their hands. If this proves the case then Vivendi's games, scheduled for November, will of course do a roaring trade over the festive season, and all in all we're surprised EA didn't push the boat out to land Eragon for themselves.
Stormfront are being charged with creating the new title for the PC, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360, and the game will follow closely the events depicted in the film. Eragon, in case you're wondering, is a young farmer who's epic destiny is about to be revealed on an amazing adventure. And yes, there's also a dragon in there. Amaze Entertainment have been enlisted to craft handheld versions of the licence, too.
"Christopher Paolini's amazing fantasy worlds, characters and adventures portrayed in Eragon offer fans of the genre an opportunity to step into Eragon's world and live out the dragon rider legacy," beamed VU CEO Bruce Hack. "Eragon is sure to be one of the most anticipated movies of 2006 and we are excited to bring this rich story to gamers worldwide."
More at E3, we're guessing.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light