VU announce Eragon videogame
VU Games may have pulled-off a noteworthy coup this week, snagging the game rights to a new feature film set to launch in December. Eragon, a film based on the fantasy novel of the same name by Christopher Paolini, is being created by Twentieth Century Fox who clearly feel they have the next Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings on their hands. If this proves the case then Vivendi's games, scheduled for November, will of course do a roaring trade over the festive season, and all in all we're surprised EA didn't push the boat out to land Eragon for themselves.
Stormfront are being charged with creating the new title for the PC, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360, and the game will follow closely the events depicted in the film. Eragon, in case you're wondering, is a young farmer who's epic destiny is about to be revealed on an amazing adventure. And yes, there's also a dragon in there. Amaze Entertainment have been enlisted to craft handheld versions of the licence, too.
"Christopher Paolini's amazing fantasy worlds, characters and adventures portrayed in Eragon offer fans of the genre an opportunity to step into Eragon's world and live out the dragon rider legacy," beamed VU CEO Bruce Hack. "Eragon is sure to be one of the most anticipated movies of 2006 and we are excited to bring this rich story to gamers worldwide."
More at E3, we're guessing.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny