NY Times reveals Vader game
LucasArts may have fallen somewhat quiet lately, especially now all the new Star Wars flicks are out the door, but this may be because they're plotting their next move, according to a new report in the New York Times. According to the article, which focuses on the developer, rather than its licences or games, LucasArts are even as you read this plotting a brand new game based on Darth Vader. According to the report lead designer Haden Blackman has outlined a new Star Wars game focussing on the life and history of Darth Vader to senior management, and that he will take-charge of the new title.
An intriguing prospect indeed. But what of LucasArts promise to move away from Star Wars re-hashing? Well, original titles are apparently in the works too, if under-wraps presently, whilst work is also well-underway on a new Indiana Jones game. Apparently, product development VeePee Peter Hirschmann "gleefully explained how researchers had tracked down images of San Francisco buildings from 1915 for the future Indiana Jones game". We'll keep you posted on LucasArts as we learn more.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch