NY Times reveals Vader game
LucasArts may have fallen somewhat quiet lately, especially now all the new Star Wars flicks are out the door, but this may be because they're plotting their next move, according to a new report in the New York Times. According to the article, which focuses on the developer, rather than its licences or games, LucasArts are even as you read this plotting a brand new game based on Darth Vader. According to the report lead designer Haden Blackman has outlined a new Star Wars game focussing on the life and history of Darth Vader to senior management, and that he will take-charge of the new title.
An intriguing prospect indeed. But what of LucasArts promise to move away from Star Wars re-hashing? Well, original titles are apparently in the works too, if under-wraps presently, whilst work is also well-underway on a new Indiana Jones game. Apparently, product development VeePee Peter Hirschmann "gleefully explained how researchers had tracked down images of San Francisco buildings from 1915 for the future Indiana Jones game". We'll keep you posted on LucasArts as we learn more.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year