The Roots chopped
Videogames publisher Cenega has revealed that development has been halted on RPG 'The Roots', and point to unspecified "serious problems" as the cause behind the cancellation. The Roots was being developed by Tanhauser Gate, with whom Cenega have subsequently sliced all ties, it is being reported. The game was to be released on the Xbox and the PC.
Whilst the action-RPG had suffered a couple of delays previously, there had been no prior indication that it might be axed entirely, until this news from the publisher. Cenega apologised to the community which had built-up around the upcoming RPG, and stated that they hope other games in Cenega's line-up will help fill the void.
Cenega announced recently the development of a new title in the popular UFO series, though it is unclear at present if The Roots can still make release if an alternative publisher is found. We'll keep you rooted with all the latest news (ha - Ed).
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though