Hover Bovver mows onto big screens
Remember the cassette-powered lawn-mower insanity that was Hover Bovver on the C64? Enjoy web-TV gaming show Consolevania, or the BBC series VideoGaiden? Well, these two apparently disparate entities are on a collision course this month, with pre-production set to begin on an officially licensed Hover Bovver movie, which the Consolevania team are to create. The film will be based on an official licence acquired from original game developer Jeff Minter. And no, we're not kidding.
The 1980s landmark title saw the player stealing a neighbour's lawnmower then mowing as many lawns as possible before the irate neighbour caught-up or the time ran out. "We're delighted to have finally secured the rights to this property," beamed Consolevania's Robert Florence. "It has always been a dream of mine to bring that loveable lawnmower-stealing rogue Gordon Bennet to the big screen, and I relish the challenge ahead."
More on this hilarious prospect as we get it.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One