Hover Bovver mows onto big screens
Remember the cassette-powered lawn-mower insanity that was Hover Bovver on the C64? Enjoy web-TV gaming show Consolevania, or the BBC series VideoGaiden? Well, these two apparently disparate entities are on a collision course this month, with pre-production set to begin on an officially licensed Hover Bovver movie, which the Consolevania team are to create. The film will be based on an official licence acquired from original game developer Jeff Minter. And no, we're not kidding.
The 1980s landmark title saw the player stealing a neighbour's lawnmower then mowing as many lawns as possible before the irate neighbour caught-up or the time ran out. "We're delighted to have finally secured the rights to this property," beamed Consolevania's Robert Florence. "It has always been a dream of mine to bring that loveable lawnmower-stealing rogue Gordon Bennet to the big screen, and I relish the challenge ahead."
More on this hilarious prospect as we get it.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too