New Halo chatter returns
Whilst a Game Informer article on a new Halo game, titled 'Halo: Forerunner', was dismissed as an April Fool's Day gag by Bungie staffers on the official forums, Game Informer's latest issue alleges that the rumours were in fact based on insider facts, and not related to a hastily spliced together 1st of April prank.
The article in question suggested that Halo: Forerunner would include 'huge persistent worlds' and would be built using a modified version of the Halo 2 engine. A co-op mode for four players was also mooted and whilst as a rounded concept these hints hardly offer much in the way of factual nourishment, it is certainly plausible that Bungie are considering ways in which to expand the series.
As if further supporting this suggestion, the latest Game Informer carries another spot of idle speculation regarding Bungie, this time pointing to 'Project Orion', a rumoured secret project at Bungie which it is believed may turn out to be a massively-multiplayer title set in the Halo universe. Of course, this could all be twaddle, but we'll keep our sights-primed for more clues if and when they surface.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto