New Halo chatter returns
Whilst a Game Informer article on a new Halo game, titled 'Halo: Forerunner', was dismissed as an April Fool's Day gag by Bungie staffers on the official forums, Game Informer's latest issue alleges that the rumours were in fact based on insider facts, and not related to a hastily spliced together 1st of April prank.
The article in question suggested that Halo: Forerunner would include 'huge persistent worlds' and would be built using a modified version of the Halo 2 engine. A co-op mode for four players was also mooted and whilst as a rounded concept these hints hardly offer much in the way of factual nourishment, it is certainly plausible that Bungie are considering ways in which to expand the series.
As if further supporting this suggestion, the latest Game Informer carries another spot of idle speculation regarding Bungie, this time pointing to 'Project Orion', a rumoured secret project at Bungie which it is believed may turn out to be a massively-multiplayer title set in the Halo universe. Of course, this could all be twaddle, but we'll keep our sights-primed for more clues if and when they surface.
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC