New Halo chatter returns
Whilst a Game Informer article on a new Halo game, titled 'Halo: Forerunner', was dismissed as an April Fool's Day gag by Bungie staffers on the official forums, Game Informer's latest issue alleges that the rumours were in fact based on insider facts, and not related to a hastily spliced together 1st of April prank.
The article in question suggested that Halo: Forerunner would include 'huge persistent worlds' and would be built using a modified version of the Halo 2 engine. A co-op mode for four players was also mooted and whilst as a rounded concept these hints hardly offer much in the way of factual nourishment, it is certainly plausible that Bungie are considering ways in which to expand the series.
As if further supporting this suggestion, the latest Game Informer carries another spot of idle speculation regarding Bungie, this time pointing to 'Project Orion', a rumoured secret project at Bungie which it is believed may turn out to be a massively-multiplayer title set in the Halo universe. Of course, this could all be twaddle, but we'll keep our sights-primed for more clues if and when they surface.
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime