New Halo chatter returns
Whilst a Game Informer article on a new Halo game, titled 'Halo: Forerunner', was dismissed as an April Fool's Day gag by Bungie staffers on the official forums, Game Informer's latest issue alleges that the rumours were in fact based on insider facts, and not related to a hastily spliced together 1st of April prank.
The article in question suggested that Halo: Forerunner would include 'huge persistent worlds' and would be built using a modified version of the Halo 2 engine. A co-op mode for four players was also mooted and whilst as a rounded concept these hints hardly offer much in the way of factual nourishment, it is certainly plausible that Bungie are considering ways in which to expand the series.
As if further supporting this suggestion, the latest Game Informer carries another spot of idle speculation regarding Bungie, this time pointing to 'Project Orion', a rumoured secret project at Bungie which it is believed may turn out to be a massively-multiplayer title set in the Halo universe. Of course, this could all be twaddle, but we'll keep our sights-primed for more clues if and when they surface.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey